- Strong evidence: Joint banking account, life insurance policies, wills, joint leases, joint resources
- Moderate proof: Joint travel itineraries, split utilities, texts, phone logs
- Weaker proof: Cards, affidavits from friends/family, solitary travel itineraries, seats to programs
With Boundless, you’ll recognize which documents you want and certainly will have them altogether securely online. Today learn more, or get started!
Answering Concerns at Your Meeting
The green card meeting is the 2nd chance for one to establish that your particular waplog live chat marriage is authentic. Nonetheless it’s put up differently for every single few, according to in which the partner looking for a green card presently lives:
- In the event that partner looking for a green card life abroad, they’re going to go to their meeting at a U.S. embassy or consulate in their property country — with no sponsoring partner. a consular officer will conduct the meeting.
- In the event that partner looking for a card that is green in america, they will certainly go to their meeting at their neighborhood USCIS field workplace — because of the sponsoring partner. A USCIS officer shall conduct the meeting.
Some USCIS officers interview couples together, whereas other people might interview them separately. Frequently, although not constantly, questioning the few individually is an indicator that the USCIS officer suspects wedding fraudulence.
Questions to anticipate
Whether you’re interviewed individually or together, the interviewing officer will inquire they might expect married people to help you to respond to effortlessly. They frequently begin with simple and easy, predictable questions regarding in which you came across and just how your relationship started, but officers have actually significant freedom when you look at the concerns they are able to ask.
Don’t be surprised, either, in case your meeting gets individual. You might be expected:
- Whether you employ contraception and, in that case, what type?
- Whether your better half has tattoos or birthmarks and whatever they seem like
- What forms of marital problems you’ve skilled and exactly how you overcame them
- Whom sleeps on which part regarding the sleep?
For a far more step-by-step selection of the most typical meeting concerns, in addition to helpful meeting recommendations, always check down our guide to get yourself ready for the wedding green card meeting.
Boundless remains you keep on top of interview preparation, follow-on forms, and every other important milestone along the way with you until the finish line, helping. Willing to begin?
Some partners looking for a card that is green n’t have a U.S. Social safety quantity (SSN). This is often the situation whenever, for instance, they initially joined the usa on a short-term, non-employment-based visa then married a U.S. resident or card holder that is green.
The couple could provide the following (in place of documents that would require an SSN to obtain) to prove the authenticity of a marriage in this situation:
- Papers of travel together (such as for instance seats showing you had been in the flight that is same resort reservations showing each of the names)
- Photos regarding the few together
- Individual affidavits (penned statements) — plus copies of the valid photo IDs — from buddies and household attesting for their familiarity with your wedding
With Boundless, you will get a completely independent immigration lawyer whom answers your private concerns and reviews your entire green card application — for no extra cost. Let’s start!
Initial copies of:
- Wedding pictures, such as for example during the courthouse and celebrating with family members
- Photos from events, occasions, and trips (as a few along with relatives and buddies) s panning this course of one’s relationship and during major life occasions
- Letters, e-mails, or cards you delivered to one another
- Receipts for just about any gift suggestions (such as for instance candy, plants, or jewelry, perhaps not household that is everyday, particularly food) you bought for every other (receipts or invoices detailing one partner because the “bill to” title plus the other partner once the “ship to” or “recipient” title are specifically helpful)